Thursday 23 July 2015

Real Techniques Brushes

Real techniques is a company specializing in make-up brushes which is owned by sisters Samantha and Nicola Chapman. In 2008, Sam uploaded her first video to YouTube, then her sister later joined her to form what is now known as Pixiwoo. If you spend more time than you really should on YouTube like me you have probably come across one of their videos at some point.

In 2011, the Real Techniques brush collection was launched and has since become a fond favourite among ladies, gents and YouTuber's making countless appearances in the monthly favourite's video's and tutorial's of every ones favorite YouTube stars as well as being a big hit with make up artists worldwide.


So, I recently took a trip to Boots to replace my 'Expert face brush' due to accidentally breaking the handle off the one I owned. While I was there I couldn't help but pick up a few extras as I do also frequently use the 'Miracle complexion sponge' and love it.

This is what I picked up:


From Left to Right: Silicone Liner Brush £5.99, Blush Brush  £9.99, Expert face brush  £9.99, Shading Brush  £7.99,
(Prices when bought from Boots as RealTechniques.com only shows in dollars for some reason)

Review:

  • These brushes are very soft yet sturdy.
  • I don't get covered in hairs from them shedding which is a big pet hate of mine.
  • When I wash them they don't go stiff and out of shape.
  • The collection over all offers something for most peoples preference.
  • They are mid range in price; but worth every penny.
  • The liner is perfect for gel liners and I usually dip it in my liquid liner as I prefer this silicone tip.


The Sponge which I also own (not pictured above) runs at approx £5.99, it is a great alternative to the 'BeautyBlender' if you are on a budget.


Real techniques have recently launched a new bold metals collection. I having been eyeing up the flat contour brush which runs at around £22, I must say that the brushes themselves are so beautiful you almost wouldn't want to use them & just have them as ornaments. The new collection comes in a range of chrome silver, gold and rose gold and range from £10-25 dependent on the brush size.


Disclaimer: This is not sponsored, this is my personal opinion and items were bought with my own money. Prices correct at time of posting.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Y E L L A U X. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig